Scan The Perimeter! (Nobody in! Nobody out!)

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Oh Hi Everybody!

The last line in The Room is:
I fed up with the Wuurrrrld. God...forgive me.
This is suicide mumbo-jumbo in typical fashion
But is this movie really about a suicide?
Is it really about anything?
In Tommy's mind, yes.
That's why it's resonated as the worst ever, because of the gravity of realness that the movie envelopes paired with every aspect of it being strictly awful.
But in Tommy's mind.
But in Tommy's mind.
I've often thought who is Wiseau?
1) Is he just an idiot savant...a fool we use for entertainment and leave it at that?
2) Is he that rare order of artist duping us all through genius (and/or Time Travel)?
3) Is he an alien occupying a (sort of) human-looking body?
I think I know now that 3 is rulled out.  I've watched the Room enough times to know it wasn't made by someone that grew up under a completely alien set of environmental conditions.  I also feel inclined to rule out 1, for Tommy may be the actor in the roll, but he's no idiot.  I long thought that these 3 options would suffice as options but now I found myself left with only 2 and it does not define Wiseau.  He's sure duping us but not intentionally.  He's not an idiot, but he is extraordinarily odd and I believe that he has made a conscious decision to commit societal suicide, by embracing his true self.  Problem is that his "True Self" bears most resemblance to the "Idiot Savant" or "Autistic Savant" that has been evolving in meaning through time.  How does someone who has touched such a core with humanity and brought them together the way he did completely on his own get slapped with such labels?  Think about it fans.  "I fed up with the Wuurrrrld. God...forgive me."  What is real to Wiseau?  His suicide is to be stuck in this roll that we view him in.  Most of us will never even begin to see something more than an idiot savant being laughed at while we join in.  But a few of us will know that he has committed societal suicide, in other words his roll in society is not his own but one all of us have given him and he's found a way to embrace that.  I think most people just go crazy (Whatever that means), but Tommy has decided to relate to people but in the roll of the odd idiot that keeps us entertained.  He's more than that, just like all people are more than what they appear.  Remember that fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment